Sunday

What do Women Want?!?!


Frankly speaking, the answer is not that simple. This statement, I hope, is a relief for many guys who, after reading the title, must be thinking that this post is another of those pro-feminist articles. I am not talking of the movie, What Women Want, either. Also, to assure you, this is not one of those “top results” lists. So let us see what this is going to be all about.


Rightly enough we women are very complicated creatures just like men. I do not know of any girl who has just one wish, or just a single expectation from her boyfriend/husband. Let’s see if I can figure out what I want… Yes I do know what I desire. But it’s not just one desire. My expectations change from time to time depending on my mood or the situation I am in. Same is the case with most other women, I would say, all other women.  So, all you guys out there, you do have reasons to be confused.

A girl/woman right from a very young age has a lot of expectations from society, family and that one special person. The greatest desire is that she not be treated like some weak and fragile being who needs a lot of protection, which more often than less, turns into over-protection. Wrong idea. What she wants is not to be dominated and protected, rather, it is companionship that she desires, where she is given her own space and also treated with respect.

Yes, u guys out there, I understand your desire to protect her, and precisely because of the reason that she might be hurt, that the world is too tough for her. There’s nothing wrong with that. But one needs to understand that the world is also hers. That she lives in the same world that guys do. Ofcourse you should be protective if you know that someone might hurt her or that she’s about to do something that will land her up in trouble. Yes, she needs to know that you care, that you are there. But there’s no need to throttle her.

We girls are also protective about our guys, our families and all the near and dear ones. In our own sweet way we like to dominate the guys as well. And it will be wrong to say that we don’t live up to a lot of the stereotypes that have been labeled against us .Yes, we do want to be pampered. Girls need affirmations from time to time. So don’t hesitate to say “I love you” or other such sweet nothings. They do throw tantrums at times, those mean you need to pay special attention to her at that point of time. We do not say everything directly. Actually we beat around the bush because, somewhere we want the guys to understand what we want. I admit its difficult. In fact, it’s difficult for us to express our feelings, as is true for the opposite sex as well.

No, this is not a relationship guide. This post, like all other posts of mine, consists of my thoughts and of what I know of people around me and their experiences. A girl likes to go out for dinner with her special guy. She loves going to the movies with him. Wandering around the streets holding hands is also on her list. Yes, she likes cuddling up and chatting. When she shares her problems with you, she doesn’t want solutions unless she asks for them. You just need to lend your ears. You need patience to understand her. You need to love her to be able to understand her. You need to give time. And trust me, she will know if you are being fake. She will know if u say her a fake “I love you”. She will understand when you really care for her. All she needs to know is that you will be there beside her.

Oh! Another thing… We love surprises. And yes, we would love it if you could go down on your knees when you propose (that’s a one-time thing, you can afford to do that, right)… And also please find something incredibly romantic to tell her, please seem spontaneous too. Yea yea, I know it’s contradictory. You need to see a lot of those Hollywood chick flicks actually… But we are Indians you know. I guess we just need to Indianize them, if there’s anything like that (laughs out aloud)…

It’s not an easy job to understand a human being whether male or female. I think what is most necessary is that both should give each other space. But at the same time be there for each other. No person is perfect. No relationship is perfect. All we can do is give it our best shot so that atleast later, we will not regret. Without any more ado I would like to end it here with a part of the lyrics of a song:



As every man who ever sees me wants to hold my hand
And be the one who gets me to say Oh I Do
They swear eternal undying devotion, yes they swear
That they will love me forever, love me true



But i don’t need a shining star
And i don’t wanna be rescued
No neither frog nor charming prince
Nor my summers barbequed…

No comments:

Post a Comment